We do not formally support the use of firewalls or proxies, including home cable modem/DSL NAT routers, campus or office networks, and other Internet Connection Sharing devices or software. However, the following information might be helpful if you need to troubleshoot a connection that utilizes one of those technologies:
Launchpad Patch :
A TCP connection is initiated from the Launchpad client port > 1023 to patch.station.sony.com port 7000.
A UDP connection is initiated from the Launchpad client port > 1023 to sdlaunchpad1.station.sony.com and sdlaunchpad2.station.sony.com port range 3016-3021.
A TCP connection is initiated from the Planetside client port > 1023 to patch.planetside.com ports 7000 and 7080.
PlanetSide client: UDP connections are initiated from the Planetside client port > 1023 to the Planetside servers on the following UDP port ranges: 45000-45010, 30000-30500.
Additionally, ICMP Unreachables (ICMP type 3) should be permitted bi-directionally between the client pc and the Planetside servers.
There are multiple IP addresses for the Patch and Launchpad clusters, and they may change as the network demands, so check often using a DNS lookup tool if you provide a specific firewall rule for these services. The PlanetSide server IP addresses are currently in these subnets: 199.108.0.*, 199.108.14.*, 199.108.15.*, 199.108.204.*, 199.108.205.*, 195.33.135.*
The application of this information will depend on your firewall. For directions on how to do so please contact the manufacturer and/or administrator of your firewall.
Software Firewall and Proxy Information
Below is a basic walkthrough on how to set up some of the more popular software firewall programs to work with Planetside. These settings should only be applied if you are currently having issues with your software firewall program in connecting to your Planetside server, or you are able to connect to your Planetside server and are experiencing random disconnects while in game.
Internet Connection Firewall
Sygate Personal Firewall
Norton Personal Firewall
McAfee Personal Firewall
Tiny Personal Firewall
- Double click on the Zone Alarm system tray icon (the system tray icon is located in the lower right hand corner of your screen where your clock is)
- Click on Program Control
- Slide the Tab to the LOW setting
- Close the window out and run Planetside
Internet Connection Firewall:
- Right click on My Network Places and click Properties
- Right click on LAN Connection (or whatever you might have named your broadband connection) and click Properties
- Click the Advanced Tab
- Click the check box that states "Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the internet"
- Click Apply
- Close the window and run Planetside
Sygate Personal Firewall:
- Right click on the Sygate Personal Firewall icon in the system tray and left click Sygate Personal Firewall Pro
- Click Security and then click Allow All
- Close the Window and run Planetside
Norton Personal Firewall:
- Go through the Automated Setup
- Setup Home Networking if you need to do so
- Run the Automatic Program Scan
- Check boxes next to all Planetside related programs and select Permit All under Internet Access
- Click Finish
- Double click on the system tray icon for Norton and select Personal Firewall
- Click on Configure
- Slide the Firewall slider to LOW
McAfee Personal Firewall:
- Run through the Configuration Assistant
- Select Allow all traffic
- Follow through the Startup Options and the Control Access to shares sections
- Under Allowed Applications, select Search all drives IF Planetside did not show up under the initial scan
- Place check marks next to all Planetside related applications that show up
- Click finish and allow the Firewall to apply the settings and reboot your computer
- Enter Planetside
Tiny Personal Firewall:
- Right click on the Tiny Personal Firewall system tray icon and select Administration Tool
- Click Application Groups
- Click Settings and then click Create new Application Group
- Name the new Application Group Planetside and set the Security Level to Unrestricted
- Go into the Unrestricted Applications group and look for all executable files listed under your Planetside directory and move them to the Planetside Application Group you just created
- Close the window and run Planetside
If the walkthrough for your respective program does not resolve your issue, please contact the SOE Technical Support staff at (858)537-0898, or email them at email@example.com. You can also reach them via Live Chat located at http://www2.station.sony.com/en/instantchat.vm.
Firewall Proxy Information