The digital download version of PlanetSide® is offered as a large single .zip file. It is recommended that WinZIP 8.1 or higher is used in unzipping the PlanetSide files. Please follow the directions below on how to download PlanetSide and begin the installation.
SOE is offering the digital download of this software only; SOE will not send you anything. The complete software necessary to patch this game will need to be downloaded to your computer, but no physical box, disks or other materials will be provided to you. To access game content or game expansions not included with this offer you will have to purchase the retail copy of the software separately.
NOTE: Some downloads may be quite large and take significant time to save/download. These instructions are based on the assumption that the WinZIP application is already installed on your computer.
psreserves.zip (Left click this file or follow the below instructions to download the file)
- Right-click on the file.
- Select "Save Target As", "Save Link to Disk", or "Save Link Target As" (depending on your browser)
- Select the appropriate destination on your hard drive.
- Once the file download has completed, right-click on the psreserves.zip icon.
- Scroll down the menu to the "WinZip" option. (A new menu will be expanded from the WinZip menu item.)
- Select "Extract to folder" and have WinZip extract the zip file to your current folder.
Now that you've downloaded:
- Double-click the Setup.exe file located in the psreserves folder you just extracted
- Click Next on the Welcome page
- Click Next on the Anti-Virus warning
- Agree to the license, then click Next
- Choose the location you want the game to be installed in, then click Next.
- When the installer is finished, click Next, and then Finish.
- DirectX 9.0c is needed to play PlanetSide. Please go to Microsoft's DirectX download page, download the package there and install it.
- Reboot if prompted.
PlanetSide is now installed on your computer! Now you just need to set up your account.
- Double-click the PlanetSide shortcut on the desktop
- If you don't have an existing Station Account, click Create a New Account
- Enter the required information, remembering to mark the checkbox acknowledging that you agree to the Terms of Service, then click on the Submit button
- Congratulations, you now have a Station Account and your account is now activated.
- Close Browser window and Log into the PlanetSide LaunchPad to play.
This offer is for the download version of the trial edition of the online game for new subscribers (excludes SOE Station Access Accounts). Additional subscription fees apply thereafter. Internet connection required -- players are responsible for all applicable internet fees. A valid credit card or pre-paid SOE game card is required to pay the recurring subscription fees that apply after the trial period of gameplay included with this offer expires. In addition, to download and play this game, you must affirmatively agree to the game's User Agreement and Software License, Sony Online Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. The PlanetSide Reserves trial program ends March 24, 2007, regardless of when you sign up. Please see PlanetSide Reserves FAQ for more info.